Schools that Participated in the 2020 Fair
Proudly representing the many school options (private, non-public, and boarding) available for exceptional students. Click on the school name to learn more about each program.
Brehm Preparatory School
Currey Ingram Academy
The Diener School
Eagle Hill School
The Gow School
South Wales, NY
The Lab School of Washington
The Nora School
Silver Spring, MD
Sheppard Pratt Schools
The Siena School
Silver Spring, MD
The Summit School
Wye River Upper School
2020 “Take One” Participants
College, Career, and Post-Secondary Resources
- Accessible College: Accessible College provides college transition support for students with physical disabilities and health conditions.
Educational Advocates and Lawyers
- Law Office of Brian K. Gruber, P.C.: Special education advocacy and legal representation.
- Bass Educational Services: College planning, K-8 Placement, EF Coaching, Academic Tutoring, ACT/SAT Prep and General Educational Consulting.
- The School Counseling Group: Educational and Therapeutic Consultants
- Weinfeld Education Group: Educational Advocacy/Consultants
Educational, Psychological, and Neuropsychological Assessments
- Dr. Debra Brosius, Licensed Clinical Psychologist: Neuropsychological Evaluations, IQ testing, Psychoeducational Evaluations, Therapy.
- Kenneth Stefano & Associates: Psychoeducational evaluations and educational advocacy for students with ADHD, learning differences, and related social-emotional issues.
- Lisa Lenhart, PhD: Comprehensive psychoeducational evaluations, targeted evaluations examining autism, ADHD, social emotional concerns; admissions testing; individual therapy.
- Ness Psychological Services: Comprehensive testing and evaluations, as well as therapy.
Mental and Behavioral Health Support Services
- Fairfax Therapy Solutions: Therapy for individuals, children, and adolescents who struggle with emotional and relationship difficulties. [brochure]
- Ross Center: Individual Therapy, Group Therapy, Family Therapy, Medication Management, Psychological Testing, DBT program, Mental health webinars. [brochure]
- Seven Corners Psychotherapy: Individual mental health therapy for children, teens, and adults.
Parent and Teacher Coaching
- Atlantic Seaboard Dyslexia Education Center (ASDEC): Teacher and parent training, advocacy, summer camps, academic therapy.
- Guiding Exceptional Parents: Parenting Coach | Special Needs Care Navigator | RDI Consultant.
Special Education Schools
- Maryland Association of Nonpublic Special Education Facilities: Non-profit Association of MSDE approved nonpublic special education schools created to promote quality services and education for children and youth with disabilities.